Friday, February 6, 2009

Home Again Home Again

Been home alittle over a week now. I cant say its good to be back. I am already missing the islands. Its hard to leave sun and warmth behind. When i got back the difference in temperature was like 45 degrees. And being gone alittle over 3 weeks it took some getting used to. The first day home i was freezing all day and had to crank the heat up. My cat was more than happy to see me. He went crazy and wouldnt leave me alone and be quiet for days. I had some people taking care of him but he just hid from them when they came over.
The trip was much needed. It really helped to fight off the withdrawal blues. When i left i wasnt feeling all that great. Couped up in my apartment for the good part of a month trying to recover was really wearing me down. I really needed to get away. The moment i got off that plane and the sun and warmth hit me i felt instantly better. Within days i began to feel human again. Its amazing how alittle sun can make you feel so much better. Thats the main reason i left, sun. Its been so cold, damp, and dark here. I was craving the sun. My body really feeds off the sun, it feels like it heals me. It also helped to have so many things to do everyday. I didnt want to waste any of my time there. Everyday i was up early and out late. No matter what i took everyday to find a place to watch the sun set and take time to reflect and think.
I managed to see or visit just about everything i wanted. Only when i was in Kauai did i miss out on a few things. I didnt give myself as much time as i needed on the island. I didnt help that a few days prior to heading there i hurt my foot. The main plan on Kauai was to hike all the great trails they had there and i had to hold back on the walking. I also met alot of great people, made some new friends, and had a few surprises.
It was good. I have been so wrapped up and controlled by the drugs. I forgot what its like to be alive. They made me a pale mindless zombie. This trip brought me back to the living. Now i want to get my life back, fight to get back those things i lost.

No comments: